The vision for Beulah Church was born as a result of a six-week "protracted meeting" conducted by Andrew Good and Daniel Brenneman (pictured at left), southwest of Jimtown. People all over the Elkhart area came to know Christ at these meetings. These new believers needed a church. An attempt to begin a work in Jimtown met without success. The vision did not die. The band of people with a dream would soon see God's great faithfulness.
In 1894 Della Huffman and Sarah Fink held a tent meeting on the corner of Indiana and 6th streets. People responded and the vision produced a house church. The work grew and moved after a short time to a store front on 8th street. In 1895 the group agreed to build its first building. This work was under the direction of the Mennonite Brethren in Christ. Later that year a small white frame building sat on the corner of 9th and Blaine. This was back in the days of the railroad boom in Elkhart, Indiana. (Photo: the old Lake Shore Depot in Elkhart, Indiana).